OJ's Fried Rice
You can't even get it this good in a Chinese restaurant!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) frozen green peas
- peanut oil for stir frying
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 pound(s) smoked sausage link sliced into thin coins
- 1 can(s) water chestnuts sliced or chopped
- 8 ounce(s) salad shrimp thawed, if frozen
- 1 bunch(es) green onions whites sliced thin, green sliced in 1 inch segments
- 3 cup(s) cooked rice chilled or at room temp
- soy sauce
- Place peas on a large work platter (they don't have to be thawed). Lay out all other ingredients, prepped and in order ("en place") as listed above. It goes quickly, and you won't have time to prep in the middle of the cooking.
- Heat wok until the surface smokes. Add 1 or so tbsp oil, swirl for about 10 seconds to coat the sides of the wok and heat the oil. Add 1/2 of eggs, swirling to create a very thin omelet, turning once. Slice omelet into thin slices (a pizza cutter works well for this) and remove to work platter. Repeat process for the remainder of egg.
- Heat wok, oil, swirl, and add sausage and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring constantly, for approx. 45 seconds. Add shrimp and onions, stirring constantly for another 45 or so seconds. Remove to work platter.
- Heat wok, oil, swirl, and add half of rice. Immediately douse with soy sauce and stir until all rice is uniformly brown. Move rice to the outer edges of the wok, add more oil in the center of the wok, add remaining rice in the center, douse with soy sauce, and continue stirring until all rice is evenly brown.
- Reintroduce all contents of work platter to wok and stir until all is evenly distributed and equally warm (maybe 45 seconds).
- This may be served immediately, or held in a warm (200F) oven until the rest of the meal is finished. (P.S. This is so good that it even tastes great at 3:00 a.m., cold!)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ojsrecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note