“Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons
On October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, “Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons, was created by Kelcey Fleagle.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Tropical Food’s Diet Delight® Snack Mix separated
- 1 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- pinch(s) cream of tartar
- ¼ cup(s) superfine sugar
- ½ tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- PUMPKIN RAISIN FILLING
- ¼ cup(s) pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate nuts from raisins in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®. Use a food processor to grind nuts to a powder, but do not let it grind to a butter.
- Sift the nut flour with confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and superfine sugar. Whip to a stiff peak.
- Sift nut flour over egg mixture and fold together. Scrape batter into a piping bag with round tip sized for desired macaron size.
- Pipe out identical rounds of batter and let sit until a light skin is formed.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake macarons for 10 minutes, rotating halfway between.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and then fill.
- To make filling, place raisins from Diet Delight® into a food processor and process until chopped. Add the remaining filling ingredients and process until well blended.
- Scrape into a bag and pipe a small amount sandwiched between two macarons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note