Oh My Goat Chili - a baaaaaaaaad ass chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 dried arbol chilies stemmed and seeded
- 1 dried guajillo chili stemmed and seeded
- 1 ancho chili stemmed and seeded
- 1 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 clove(s) garlic chopped
- Kosher salt
- 3 pound(s) boneless goat trimmed, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 ounce(s) bacon cut crosswise
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, large cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup(s) dark Mexican Beer, Negra Modelo
- 2 cup(s) chicken stock
- fresh ground pepper
- In a heat proof bowl, soak the chilies in boiling water until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain the chilies, reserving the liquid. Coarsely chop the chilies.
- Add chilies and liquid, all spices, and 1 tablespoon of salt to blender. Puree until smooth. Scrape the chili puree into a large nonreactive bowl. Add the goat and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cook bacon over moderate heat until fat has rendered, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to large plate. Add olive oil. Add flour to goat meat. Working in batches, cook chili goat mixture over moderately high heat, turning a few times, until richly browned all over, about 4 minutes. Transfer browned goat to the plate with bacon.
- Add onion and cook over moderately low heat stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add beer and boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add to crock pot cook on high 1 hour, then 8 hours on low. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oh My Goat Chili - a baaaaaaaaad ass chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes