Octopus Edamame Hummus (for party)
Cooking Light's "Soybean Hummus" (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/soybean-hummus-10000001206213/) decorated with a bell pepper octopus! Tripled recipe yields 3 1/4c!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) edamame, shelled (green soybeans)
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 9 tablespoon(s) olive oil (1/2c+1T)
- 6 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 6 tablespoon(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 box(es) Pita Chips
- 2 red bell peppers
- Combine soybeans and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain. Combine soybeans, oil, juice, salt, garlic, and hot pepper sauce in a food processor; process until smooth. Add parsley, and process until blended. Spread hummus out onto a dish for presentation.
- Make Octopus: use one whole pepper (with top sliced off) for body - place top down in hummus. Slice other pepper into strip for legs - arrange around body. Use other veggies for eyes
- Serve with pita wedges/other veggies/dippables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Octopus Edamame Hummus (for party) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers