October Cider Cake
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cider Filling
- Creamy Cider Frosting
- Chopped pecans (optional)
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves; add to creamed mixture alternately with cider, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and cool completely.
- Spread Cider Filling between layers; spread top and sides with Creamy Cider Frosting. Garnish top of cake with pecans, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings