Great recipe! Simple and delicious. I liked that there is virtually no filler.
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Lump crabmeat (not claw/backfin) Picked gently
- 1/4 cup(s) good, quality plain breadcrumbs (not panko)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Dukes mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice Fresh squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Sea salt
- 1 Egg Whisk gently before adding
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 bottle(s) Ice cold beer of choice
- Pick thru crabmeat gently in order to remove any stray shells while preserving lumps. Set breadcrumbs aside. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients (except the beer) together to form sauce. Fold sauce gently into crabmeat. Add breadcrumbs and blend carefully by hand so as to preserve lump texture of crab. Form into 2-3 oz cakes. Using cast iron skillet or electric griddle, fry gently in canola oil (medium-medium high heat) about 6-8 minutes per side until golden brown (do not over cook!). Let them sit on a paper towel for 2-3 minutes before serving. Now, Drink the beer, you've earned it!
- Serve with horseradishy cocktail sauce and fresh-cut lemon wedges.
- Makes approx 8 cakes per lb or 4 dinner servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AndyTaylor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note