Oaxacan Style Pork Spareribs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) Pork Spareribs
- 6 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, dried
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon(s) marjoram, dried
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 0 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon (or 1/2" piece cinnamon stick)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground allspice (or 2 allspice berries)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cloves (or 2 whole cloves)
- 1/4 cup(s) distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) water (or more if needed)
- 1 - Remove the papery skin from the back of each rack of ribs; place the ribs in a roasting pan.
- 2 - Combine the garlic, thyme, oregano, marjoram, salt, cinnamon stick, allspice berries, cloves, vinegar, and 3 tablespoons water in a blender or spice mill; process to a smooth paste, adding more water, if needed.
- 3 - Rub this paste over the ribs on both sides, cover, and let marinate, in the refrigerator, at least overnight and up to 24 hours.
- 4 - Preheat grill to medium; when ready to cook, season the ribs with salt; oil the grill grate, then arrange the ribs on the hot grate, meaty side down.
- 5 - Grill the ribs until nicely browned and cooked through, 30-40 minutes in all, turning once or twice with tongs.
- 6 - Cut the racks into sections of 2 or 4 ribs for serving; serve with Salsa Mexicana.
- 7 - To make the salsa--see recipe under separate listing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Schwacho and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note