We love the spicy flavor of this recipe and enjoyed it many times last summer--can't wait to make it again this season! I made the recipe just as written and served it with a variety of other grilled dishes--perfect summer eating.
Oaxacan-Style Grilled Corn on the Cob
Look for crema at Latin markets or by the supermarket's Mexican cheeses. It's slightly tangier than sour cream.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 336mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons queso fresco
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- 2. Combine cheese and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl.
- 3. Place corn on grill rack. Cover and grill 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning occasionally. Place corn on a serving plate; drizzle with crema mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note