Oatmeal with the Works
Add-ons, including zingy pomegranate molasses, elevate the common camp breakfast to a delectable event.
More From Sunset
In Camp: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 501
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 9.2mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 6 cups regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (preferably Blenheim)
- 1 cup tart dried cherries
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- Pomegranate molasses* or brown sugar
- AT HOME
- 1. Combine oats, apricots, cherries, sugar, and salt in a large bowl with hands until pieces of fruit aren't sticking together. Store in a container with a lid up to 1 month. Package toppings separately.
- IN CAMP
- 2. Bring water (3/4 cup per serving) to a boil in a saucepan and stir in oatmeal mix (3/4 cup per serving). Remove from heat, cover, and let stand until most of water has been absorbed, 5 minutes. Set out with toppings and milk.
- *Find pomegranate molasses at well-stocked grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note