- 2 tablespoon(s) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoon(s) chilled butter in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) chilled butter in small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400F.
- 1. Combine oats, brown sugar, and almonds. Cut butter into mixture with pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- 2. Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt with whisk. Place flour mixture and butter in bowl of food processor and pulse to cut butter into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3. Whisk together cream and egg and pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture, pulsing until dough pulls together, about 5 seconds. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 10 to 15 seconds. Pat into a 6" square about 3/4" thick and cut out 9 two inch square scones.
- 4. Sprinkle scones with topping, pressing down lightly with fingertips. Place scones 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet or stone. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and serve warm or cool on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amddoody and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note