Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) cold butter cubed
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk buttermilk with egg; pour over flour mixture. Stir with fork to make ragged dough.
- With lightly floured hands, press dough into ball. On floured surface, knead gently 10 times. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Pat into 1/2-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Topping: Brush dough with buttermilk: sprinkle with sugar. Bake in 400 degree oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sonomaheadnc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note