Community Recipe from
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) cold butter cubed
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk buttermilk with egg; pour over flour mixture. Stir with fork to make ragged dough.
- With lightly floured hands, press dough into ball. On floured surface, knead gently 10 times. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Pat into 1/2-inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Topping: Brush dough with buttermilk: sprinkle with sugar. Bake in 400 degree oven until golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sonomaheadnc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes