More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Cool: 25 Minutes
Bake: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 327mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup PROMISE BUTTERY SPREAD
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon PROMISE BUTTERY SPREAD
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- Combine raisins and hot water in a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place pecans in a single layer in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Place oats in jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 400° for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes.
- Combine pecans, oats, granulated sugar, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut 1/3 cup buttery spread into oats mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Stir together raisins, 3/4 cup buttermilk, and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. Turn dough out onto pan. Shape dough into a 7-inch circle.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Brush with 1 Tbsp. buttery spread. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Stir together powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp. buttermilk until smooth; drizzle over scone. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note