from Eating Well, May/June 2011
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 cup(s) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) 1/2 inch pieces rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar, pure maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped pecans
- Combine milk, juice, oats, rhubarb, cinnamon and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and cook at a very gentle bubble, stiffing frequently, until the oats and the rhubarb are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Stir in sweetener to taste. Top with nuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lec2003 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal-Rhubarb Porridge Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch