I changed the butter to 2 C, 1/2 c. each of the sugars, baking soda to 3/4 t. the vanilla to 2 t. and the chocolate chips to 1/2 c. dark chocolate 3/4 c. semi sweet chocolate. Added: 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut, 1/2 c. ground pecans and 1/4 t. baking powder.
Oatmeal-Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make a batch of old-fashioned oatmeal cookies even more special by adding chocolate chips and raisins.
Yield: Makes about 5 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup raisins
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, soda, oats, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in morsels and raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts