1. Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
2. Stir together cake mix, oats, and raisins in a large bowl. Stir in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly and dry ingredients are moistened. Press half of oat mixture evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
3. Stir together applesauce, apple pie spice, and lemon rind. Gently spread over oat mixture in pan. Sprinkle evenly with remaining oat mixture.
4. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
5. Lift baked bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Place on a cutting board, and cut into 24 bars.