made it as my fav my always and will make as my special oatmeal cookies,a few friends and nehibors asked for recipe but I went one better and gave them your site address and told them to sign up for the best site on the net more will be knocking at your door soon I served them with coffee and tea as dessert. a ton of ohs and ahs! I was a hit that night thank you for your tried and true recipes keep up your wonderful job
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth.
- 2. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Add to sugar mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats, raisins, and, if desired, coconut.
- 3. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove cookies to wire racks, and let cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note