- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Gradually add sugar to egg in a medium mixing bowl, beating well. Add melted butter, mixing well. Combine oats, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; add to egg mixture, beating well. Stir in vanilla.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.