- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped candied pineapple
How to Make It
Beat shortening at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and flavorings; beat well.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating well. Stir in pecans and remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.