I have been making these with the cinnamon rolls for years. Great and tasty... Best ever.
Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in oats and butter. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool to 110°.
- Stir together yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a 2-cup measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Beat oat mixture, yeast mixture, flour, salt, and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until dough is doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and divide in half; shape each portion into 16 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place evenly into 2 lightly greased 9- x 1 3/4-inch round cakepans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: Reserve 1 portion of dough for Cinnamon Rolls recipe, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Dinner Rolls Recipe at a Glance