Oatmeal-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Using oatmeal in the breading adds crunch to these chicken tenders, which are sure to be a hit with adults and children alike. Serve with commercial honey mustard or light ranch dressing for dipping.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 36.9g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Calcium: 278mg
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place oats in a food processor, and process 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add cheese and next 3 ingredients. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
- 3. Place each chicken breast tender between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Coat both sides of tenders with cooking spray; dredge tenders in oat mixture. Place tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned.
- let your toddler help by: Identifying and gathering the ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note