This is a great cookie. I used all white whole wheat flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup of fat free greek yogurt and 2 tbsps of egg whites (from the one in a carton), and the cookies were fine. I think 1.5 cups of sugar is a bit too much. Next time I'll cut it to just 1 cup. And oh, I also added 1/4 tsp of cinnamon to see if it tastes like Trader Joe's dunkers.
Oatmeal-Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dried cranberries add sweet-tart notes. These drop cookies would make a nice holiday gift.
Yield: 27 servings (serving size: 2 cookies)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 114mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (about 4 3/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Place sugar, butter, and sour cream in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Add vanilla and egg whites; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until edges of cookies are browned. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal-Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts