Oatmeal Cookies with Date Filling (Vintage Recipe - AMB)
Please read preparation for correct quantities. The amounts will not save correctly. * * This recipe is likely more than 110 years old and recorded as it was written. Temperature and cooking time are missing because they used wood stoves in those days. I have not tried this recipe yet. AMB stands for my great grandmother's initials (Annie Mae Beach). Her notebook is falling apart and I wanted to preserve the recipes.
Yield: 3 servings ( Serving Size: Dozen )
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) oatmeal
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar (up to 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon(s) shortening
- nutmeg (a little)
- Date Filling
- (Prepare and bake the oatmeal cookies.)
- 3 cups oatmeal, 3 cups flour, 1-1/2 to 2 cups brown sugar, 1-1/2 cup shortening, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp each salt and soda, a little nutmeg.
- Date Filling:
- 1 pound dates, 1 cup sugar
- Cover the dates with water. Boil until soft. Add sugar. Boil again. Cool and put between the oatmeal cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anniea0311 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Cookies with Date Filling (Vintage Recipe - AMB) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
- CUISINE: Authentic