- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
How to Make It
Combine first 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight. Drain and set aside. (To quickly steep cranberries, combine cranberries and liqueur in a small bowl, and microwave on high 30 seconds; cover and let stand 2 hours.)
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually beat in granulated and brown sugars. Beat in egg, orange zest, and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in oats, chocolate, and cranberries.
Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.