- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup regular oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
Pour boiling water over oats; let stand 20 minutes.
Cream 1/4 cup butter; gradually add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup sugar, beating well. Stir in oats mixture. Add next 6 ingredients, and mix well. Spoon mixture into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Combine coconut and pecans; sprinkle mixture over cake. Combine remaining ingredients, and pour over cake. Return cake to oven, and broil 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares to serve.