Easy, delicious recipe! I will include these with my holiday cookies from now on.
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Monster Cookies
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats or old-fashioned oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) bag dark or semisweet chocolate chunks or morsels
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Stir in oats. Stir oat mixture into butter mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate.
- 4. Drop batter by 1/4-cup measurements onto baking sheets. (Space cookies about 4 inches apart.) Flatten slightly.
- 5. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are browned and centers are set. Let cool on baking sheets 3 minutes or until firm. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts