Amazing cookie! Very easy to make! I always use 1/2 butter and 1/2 Butter-Flavored Crisco sticks as I find my cookies keep their shape better with that combo. I substituted dark chocolate chips (because I had a taste for them) and hazelnuts since I didn't have pecans. They're simply delicious! Lots of oat flavor!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Charles E. Walton IV
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note