My kids don't like nuts so I leave them out. A favorite for my children I make every 3 or 4 months. Don't even make regular chocolate chip cookies any more. These have the added benefit of oatmeal. Love these cookies!!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate mega morsels make these oatmeal cookies better than average. In less than 30 minutes, our 5-star recipe will be ready for your family to enjoy.
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note