Was looking forward to eating these after all the great reviews, what a disappointment. Crunchy yes, but also dry. Butter and good quality chocolate helped with flavor, but would not make again. Am an experienced baker, Probably too much oatmeal. Stick with Toll House recipe and add 1 - 1 1/2 cups oatmeal - been doing this for years (grind it in food processor if you want to disguise from family - they will never know).
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Charles E. Walton IV
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega morsels
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until brown around edges. Cool on pan 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note