Okay but have made much better oatmeal cookie recipes with more flavor.
Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies
The mini-morsels disperse better in the batter, but you can use regular chocolate chips too.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 26 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 9.5mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients. Beat sugars and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla and egg, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in toasted pecans and mini-morsels.
- 3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Try This Twist!
- Reduced-Sugar Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies: Substitute granular sweetener for granulated sugar and brown sugar sweetener for brown sugar.
- Note: We tested with Whey Low 100% All Natural Granular Sweetener and Gold Brown Sugar Sweetener. This variation is slightly more dense and has a chewier texture, but it's equally delicious.
- Per cookie: Calories 58; Fat 3.1g (sat 1.5g, mono 1g, poly 0.4g); Protein 1.1g; Carb 12.7g; Fiber 0.5g; Chol 9.5mg; Iron 0.4mg; Sodium 60mg; Calc 9mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Pecan Cookies Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts