Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Spread oats on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, water, and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add reserved oats and chocolate morsels, stirring to coat well. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note