I baked these cookies when the recipe was featured in 2006. This morning I had a sudden craving for the cookies....so, I began an all day search through my files, but I couldn't find it. As you can see, I finally found it here! This recipe is worth the search!
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
A crisp outside, soft middle, hint of chocolate, and combo of nuts make this one remarkable cookie. It took first prize in the chocolate chip cookie category in a previous festival and remains a favorite treat in many Eureka Springs kitchens.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on baking sheets 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note