- 3 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
How to Make It
Spread oats on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, water, and vanilla; beat well.
Sift together flour, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; add reserved oats and chocolate morsels, stirring to coat well. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.