Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut oil
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-1/4 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup(s) oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat the coconut oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the egg and beat well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Divide the dough in half and turn each dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap or wax paper and form a very long and thin log with it, about 2 feet in length and about 1 inch in diameter. Seal up the bundle, roll it back and forth a couple times to smooth it out so one side isn't flat from resting on the counter, and place it in the freezer to chill for about 15-20 minutes. You just need the dough to firm up a bit so it is easier to roll into a bunch of little balls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Remove the logs and using a sharp knife slice 1/2 inch slices of dough. If you prefer flatten cookies you can simply place the rounds of dough on the prepared baking sheets. If you want a rounder cookie (this is what I did for most of mine) roll the sliced cookie dough between your hands to make a small ball and place on the the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Seve over milk, yogurt or eat by the handful!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Cereal Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch