Amazingly good! Super easy to make!
Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup(s) boiling water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) shortening
- Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Mix the oatmeal with the boiling water, stir and cover. Mix the remaining ingredients then stir in the oatmeal mixture. Grease and flour a 9x9 pan. Pour batter into pan and bake for 23-35 minutes.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Carefully spread frosting over the top of the cake. Broil until coconut is just brown. Watch very closely - it doesn't take long. Cool, slice, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MMensing and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts