- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked regular or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups boiling water and oats; let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add cinnamon and next 3 ingredients, beating well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened; beat in oatmeal. Pour batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, coconut, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; spread over warm cake.
- Broil 8 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note