Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes w/Blueberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled for a bit
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Maple syrup and Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Vegetable oil or spray, for greasing the pan
- Combine the oats and buttermilk in a medium bowl. Stir to mix. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes or even overnight (refrigerated, if overnight). IN another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the beaten eggs and melted butter to the oat mixture, and stir well. Add the flour mixture, and stir to blend (the batter will be very thick).
- Warm a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, and grease with just a little bit of oil (skillet is hot enough when water droplets skip around). Ladle 1/4 to 1/3 of the batter onto the skillet, brown on one side, then carefully flip and brown on the other (turn heat a little if pancakes are browning too quickly). Serve with Blueberry Sauce and maple syrup. *Try adding toasted pecans or slices of bananas to the batter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DoDoDUH and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes w/Blueberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch