Oat Grain-Feta Salad
We substituted oat groats, which are hulled, whole kernels of the oat grain, for bulgur wheat in this traditional Mediterranean main-dish salad.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 11.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 662mg
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 149mg
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked oat groats
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in groats. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 24 to 26 minutes or just until tender.
- Combine groats, cucumber, and next 8 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Drain groats and rinse under cold water. Drain well, and add to cucumber mixture. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Add feta cheese; toss gently before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note