This was a great recipe for Pecan Pie. I usually do not eat pecan pie because of the filling. The oatmeal crust was perfect because it absorbed a lot of that filling. My entire family loves this recipe. I did not try the cranberry sauce with it but I will this year for Thanksgiving!
Oat-Crusted Pecan Pie with Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
The pie and sauce can each be made up to two days ahead. Cover the pie loosely with aluminum foil for the last eight minutes of baking if it begins to brown too much.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge pie and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 46.5g
- Carbohydrate: 58.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 46.5mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 164mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2. To prepare crust, place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor, and process until finely ground (about 30 seconds). Add butter, and pulse 5 times or until combined. Add 1 tablespoon ice water; pulse just until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press oat mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. To prepare filling, combine brown sugar and next 8 ingredients (through egg white) in a medium bowl, stirring well. Stir in pecan halves. Spoon filling into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 48 minutes or until center is set. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- 5. To prepare sauce, combine cranberries, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, and juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until cranberries begin to pop, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir cornstarch mixture into cranberry mixture; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring often; remove from heat. Cool completely. Cut pie into 12 wedges; serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oat-Crusted Pecan Pie with Fresh Cranberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This