Wonderful flavor! I used cedar instead of oak, and it was delicious. Very light and healthy - and so quick to prepare! You don't turn the fish. Just leave it on the plank and cook for about 10 minutes. We talked about how good this was until bedtime. Definately a keeper!
Oak-Planked Peppercorn Tuna Steaks with Orange Mayonnaise
Photography: Becky-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) oak grilling plank
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6-ounce) Bluefin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed peppercorns, crushed
- Immerse and soak plank in water for 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill, heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, rind, juice, and chives; stir well with a whisk. Chill.
- Lightly coat top of tuna with cooking spray. Sprinkle the tuna with salt; firmly press peppercorns into tuna.
- Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat. Place tuna on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve tuna with orange mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This