- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats (not instant)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
How to Make It
MIX butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in oats. Press into greased 8 or 9-inch square pan.
BAKE at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until center is barely firm. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
SPRINKLE with chocolate chips; top with small spoonfuls of peanut butter. Let stand 5 minutes; spread peanut butter and chocolate over bars, swirling to marbleize.
COOL completely on wire rack. Refrigerate 15 minutes to set topping. Cut into bars.