I like the breadcrumbs, nuts, and cheese, but the sprouts did not cook enough. I would roast the brussel sprouts and then add the other ingredients.
Nutty Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
Photo: Randy Mayor
Pulse a (1 1/2-ounce) slice of bread in the food processor to make 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 ounce shaved Asiago cheese
- 1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or just until golden, stirring constantly. Add breadcrumbs; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer garlic mixture to a small bowl.
- 2. Separate leaves from Brussels sprouts; quarter cores. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add leaves and cores to pan; cook 8 minutes or just until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; toss with breadcrumb mixture, salt, and pepper. Top with walnuts and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads