This is great - fast, super easy, delicious AND healthy. That's a winner!
Nutty Vegetable Pasta
Prep: 6 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. Look for packages of matchstick-cut carrots in the produce section near the bagged salads.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus pieces to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Add carrots during the last 30 seconds of cooking time.
- Combine peanut butter and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, and place in a large serving bowl. Stir in peanut sauce, tossing to coat. Top evenly with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note