This is great - fast, super easy, delicious AND healthy. That's a winner!
Nutty Vegetable Pasta
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 390
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 12.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus pieces to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Add carrots during the last 30 seconds of cooking time.
- Combine peanut butter and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, and place in a large serving bowl. Stir in peanut sauce, tossing to coat. Top evenly with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This