- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- calories 390
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 12.9 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 3.7 g
- protein 18.6 g
- carbohydrate 53.3 g
- fiber 6.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 785 mg
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus pieces to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Add carrots during the last 30 seconds of cooking time.
Combine peanut butter and next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta, and place in a large serving bowl. Stir in peanut sauce, tossing to coat. Top evenly with peanuts.