The result of this recipe left my family asking for more. I used chunky peanut butter and omitted the peanuts. The peanut butter flavor was subtle and blended well with the chocolate. These are definitely worthy of a special occasion or for an every day sweet tooth. We keep a batch of dough in the fridge and bake them as craved. For you cookie dough lovers out there, blend some dough chunks with vanilla ice cream and you're in heaven!
Nutty Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 14 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat peanut butter, butter, and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in morsels and peanuts just until combined. (Dough will look a little moist.) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts