Nutmeg Sugar Cookies
Freshly grated nutmeg brings out a delicious difference in these simple old-fashioned cookies.
Yield: 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and salt; stir well. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill dough at least 3 hours.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg; stir well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Grease bottom of a glass. Dip glass in sugar mixture, and press each ball flat.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks immediately to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This