Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter Softened
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Almond extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 6-ounce jar maraschino cherries Drained and chopped
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating well. Add almond extract, beating well.
- Combine flour, almonds and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Pat cherries between paper towels to remove excess moisture; stir cherries into dough.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 1" apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar twice. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Carolinagagirl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note