Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter Softened
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Almond extract
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 6-ounce jar maraschino cherries Drained and chopped
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating well. Add almond extract, beating well.
- Combine flour, almonds and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Pat cherries between paper towels to remove excess moisture; stir cherries into dough.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 1" apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar twice. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Carolinagagirl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes