These will remind you of traditional Wedding Cookies or Sand Tarts with cherries.
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- Powdered sugar
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour, almonds, and extract, beating at low speed until well blended. Stir in cherries.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool 2 minutes. Roll cookies in powdered sugar; cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note