Nova Scotia Oatcakes
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Flour
- 1/3 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 3 cup(s) Oatmeal, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1/2 cup(s) Shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) Cold Water
- 1. preheat oven to 425
- 2. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and oats in medium bowl.
- 3. Cut in shortening
- 4. with a fork, slowly add in water until dough holds together but isn't sticky
- 5. press into a 10x15 in jelly pan and cut into squares
- 6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Best served warm with maple butter
This recipe is a personal recipe added by touchmycooker and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Nova Scotia Oatcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes