Norwegian Rice Pudding
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup regular rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in milk, rice, sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 1 hour (do not allow to boil), stirring twice. Remove from heat; allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Beat whipping cream in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Fold in pineapple, cherries, vanilla, and cold rice mixture. Spoon into individual serving bowls, and serve chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards