Norwegian Chicken Meatballs
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 568
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 484mg
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- About 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/4 pound gjetost cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 to 6 cups hot cooked egg noodles or rice
- 1. With a fork, stir chicken to mix well with 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, egg, 1/4 cup broth, salt, grated lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried).
- 2. Bring 2 cups broth to simmering in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan. As broth heats, drop level tablespoon portions of chicken into the liquid, keeping pieces slightly apart. Cover and simmer until meat is white in center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl. Mix remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth, and whisk into broth. Turn heat to high, add cheese, and whisk until it melts.
- 4. Return chicken to sauce, mix gently, and heat for about 1 minute. Pour over noodles in a bowl and sprinkle with remaining dill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note