I've had this with cherries and made it with cranberries when I couldn't find cherries. Both are delicious!
Northwest Bounty Bruschetta
Bruschetta is a favorite appetizer because it's easy, tasty and versatile. This recipe features so many bold flavors like onion, tart cherries, blue cheese and hazelnuts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Cholesterol: 6.8mg
- 1 sourdough baguette (8 oz.), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled and chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1. Brush bread with 2 tbsp. olive oil and broil until golden, turning once, 5 minutes.
- 2. In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté onion with remaining oil until golden. Add apple and syrup; cook 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Stir in cherries, horseradish, and cheese; spoon over toasts. Top with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note