There must be an error in the nutritional information for this recipe. 37 grams of fat per serving? There are appx. 4 grams of fat in 3 oz. skinless boneless thighs - for a 6 oz. serving, with consideration of the 3 tbs canola oil - there can be no more than 18-20 grams of fat in each serving...?
North Indian-Style Spinach Chicken
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 565
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 8.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Sodium: 1384mg
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, quartered
- 2-in. piece fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons each ground coriander and cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned chicken thighs, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a 6- to 8-qt. pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fenugreek seeds; sizzle 2 seconds, then stir in onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, mince ginger and garlic.
- 2. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, cayenne, coriander, cumin, and salt to pot; sizzle a few seconds. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes, or until no longer pink on the outside. Add tomatoes and simmer, covered, 8 minutes.
- 3. Stir in spinach and simmer, covered, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, chop enough cilantro leaves and tender stems to yield 1 cup. Stir into pot, along with lemon juice. Serve with cooked rice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes